The Fourth Summer University on Math, Science and Statistics will take place at the Conference Center “Haus der Kirche“ in Bad Herrenalb, close to Karlsruhe, Germany between 1st-6th September 2013.
The Summer University is dedicated to Accessibility of Mathematics, Science and Statistics and to improve the overall knowledge about access to mathematical contents for visually impaired persons. The event is a chance to improve the awareness on existing technologies, to stimulate research and to review the actual teaching methods and even new scientific developments.
The Workshop Topics are
- Day 1: Reading scientific documents - reading different types of documents and content efficiently
- Day 2: Writing scientific documents - how to express mathematical and scientific content such as texts and formulas in Word, PDF or LaTeX
- Day 3: Tactile graphics and Research Lab - reading, understanding and producing tactile graphics
- Day 4+5: Applications - learning about the newest accessible tools for reading and writing scientific documents
- School and university students
- Expert users
- Trainers of teachers in schools and universities
- Employees in support centers
- Young professionals
- Researchers from universities and companies
The accommodation is in the same building where the workshops take place. Social events will be proposed.
The fees include single room, full board (breakfast buffett, lunch, afternoon coffee with cake, dinner) and workshop fees.
- Students: 450 Euro - Please note that a limited number of grants up to 300 Euro can be provided to students who do not get any support from their university or other institutions. Please contact us at su2013 ∂szs kit edu
- Teachers and employees of support centers: 560 Euro
Please note that the number of participants is limited.
The event is sponsored by Lions Club Karlsruhe.
Programme and registration
Local organizer of the ICCHP-SU 2013
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Study Centre for the Visually Impaired Students (SZS)
Engesserstraße 4, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 721 608-42760
Fax: +49 721 608-42020
Email: su2013∂szs kit edu