CANCELLED: Orientation unit for visually-impaired pupils from 18 to 20 May 2020
Every year in April or May the SZS offers a three-day orientation unit for pupils of grade 10 to 13 from German-speaking countries. The aim of this event is to address all study-related topics especially for visually impaired or blind students.
Orientation and mobility trainers, specialists from the Integrating Authorities and Student Services as well as lawyers and advanced KIT students with visual impairment give lectures on various topics.
Topics and contents
- Studying at universities and colleges for blind and visually impaired persons
- Requirements, conditions and opportunities
- The SZS: concept, research and services, like workplaces, literature transcription and adaption of study material for blind and visually impaired persons
- Orientation and mobility of new students
- Student housing for handicapped students in Karlsruhe
- Insight into selected lectures
- Financing of individual aids
- Legal advice for blind and visually impaired persons
- Counterbalance to study live
Our motivation to organise a nationwide orientation event:
Prospective students with visual impairment should be able to independently decide whether they are strong enough to manage studying with special requirements and which things are to be initiated on time prior to studying. This also enables them to make contact with other (prospective) students.
Apropos: This event is also for students who do not intend to study in Karlsruhe.
Registration till 4. May
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Study Centre for the Visually Impaired Students (SZS)